Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Week Begins...


I know, it's Tuesday.

But this begins the Week of Being a Real Man.

A couple of my friends have mentioned my last post to me, and the most outstanding aspect of that one was the emphasis on a meaningful masculinity, so to speak--something that I hadn't really focused on when I posted that last one, but something I realize now is certainly important--both in that post and in our lives. (At least for half of us. Although I guess most of the ladies out there would appreciate have a "real man" in their lives, so maybe for all of us.)

Anyway, over the week, I may not provide a whole lot of commentary, but I will provide some good links--most of them serious.

So the first link in the week of Being a Real Man is:

"The Marks of Manhood," by Albert Mohler.

Mohler is a noted radio program host--I think he's some manner of Baptist. In any case, his essay is hosted on The Rebelution, a website/organization started by Alex and Brett Harris (younger brothers of Josh Harris) encouraging teenagers to "do hard things" for God, their families, and their communities, instead of giving in to prevailing attitudes of indulgence.

In any case, feel free to tell me what you think.

The painting is The Accolade, by Edmund Blair Leighton, 1901.

0 comments: