Monday, May 19, 2008

Being a Real Man Week resumes


So, when you have a neuroscience test and your computer hard drive dies, things can get put on hold. By the way, don't try to remove the battery to restart your computer. You can push and hold the little power button, and that should do just fine. If you do what I did, your computer will forget what a hard drive is, and not even John can fix it completely (though he did save my files from oblivion by booting up in Linux, the operating system for people who hate Windows but know they don't listen to enough indie rock to have a Mac. But John does listen to enough indie rock to own a Mac. But I digress).

Anyway, it's time for a new installment of Being a Real Man.

Here's another good post from the Art of Manliness.

Are you a pace-setter? You might want to buy a Homburg. And if you have no idea what I am talking about, click here.

Also, when you shave, do you feel like you got run over by a lawn mower? Resolve the pain of razor burn with a classic wet-shave here. Plus save money. (PS. Chris, the beard is gone. I'm sorry).

But now we get to the good stuff. Seriously, skip the first links and go with these. They're from Boundless. Folks our age (I assume most of my readers are my age, but if you're not, that's ok) are asking how to become a man. And some wise folks answered.

Becoming a Man, Pt. 1

Becoming a Man, Pt. 2

Ok, that's all for now, peoples. But I got some more links to finish up our Week (and a Half) of Being A Real Man.

Photo caption: John drilling a hole in my computer to get the files out.....Actually, it's "Carpenter at Work at Douglas Dam," by Alfred T. Palmer, June 1942.

2 comments:

Paul said...

excellent, thought-provoking stuff there, ty... thanks for posting! And now I'm off to fulfill my quest for a true, classic man-shave.

Todd said...

We used to use drills like that on the farm. We had any other sort of powered drill you might dream up, but Dad insisted on using that kind for certain jobs. I say "certain jobs" seeming very specific but I assure you that in actuality I haven't a clue which jobs required the precision of a hand-crank drill therefore "certain jobs" is actually a cop-out for my inability to recall more specific details.

Cheers!