Thursday, February 14, 2008

It's time for Lent Resolutions...


Howdy everybody!

It's good to be back in the saddle...

Well, here's the scoop. I've been thinking about how I've been living lately, and I've kind of been convicted about....well, let's screw the timidity for a moment, and say that I've DEFINITELY been convicted about wasting too much time on the internet, visiting every random blog from yon to hither. My typical routine would be to mark out stuff I'd want to write about, but then I'd never get around to doing it. Meanwhile, the list of feeds in my Google Reader (if you don't know what that is, imagine all the lanes on the Information Superhighway merging together) kept getting larger. I knew something was amiss when I was talking about the political opinions of folks that even my friend Patrick had never heard of, and he has Anderson Cooper on speed dial.

SO. I decided I need to take steps this Lent to be, shall we say, a little less anti-social, and a little more creative. What does this mean?

1. MORE BLOG POSTING ACTION.
I know, you're thinking, "Tyler, you silly doof (goof + doofus), you make less sense than an Arnold Schwarzenegger film" Normally, I'd agree with you, but hear me out...this way I am actually communicatin with y'all, and some of you even seem to like what I have to say. Plus, I can finally write some stuff I've wanted to, and you might find it edifying. If there aren't too many links to Youtube.
2. THE GOOGLE FEED IS DELETED.

I am not checking the horde of blogs for Lent, making two very special exceptions I will write about in a post in the next week or so. So the link to my Google Reader on my homepage is deleted. Or "Baleeted!" if you're a Homestar fan. This means no more American Scene, no more Evangelical Outpost--even no more Crunchy Con!! Believe me, this hurts. And believe me, this also shows how much of a nerd I actually am. But won't be for long. Hopefully.
3. I WILL BE CALLING YOU.

And asking you how are things? Cause it would be good to know.
4. INDIANA JONES is COMING BACK

This has nothing to do with anything, but it is important nonetheless. Check this out. Even John will admit that it's cooler than Lost.

Well, that is it for now...I should have some stuff up in the next few days or so. Keep them eyes peeled.
Quick question---do you guys actually LIKE the random links I put in here? Cause if they're distracting, consider them----BALEETED!
The picture above is by Ewing Galloway and is available as a poster here. Just so I'm not infringin' on anybody's copyright. Wouldn't be the cowboy way, now would it?

1 comments:

Paul said...

Love it man. Got your call last night, I'll hit you up soon. and KEEP THE RANDOM HYPERLINKS! :-D