Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How to Lose a Guy in 10 Seconds...

As exhibit A of what happens when we give up on ideals, I'd like to share a recent, and somewhat saddening, article from CNN.  (My snarky readers may say this is me giving up on my  ideals of posting more encouraging things here.  I hear you...but this one connects to what I just wrote!!)

Anyway, the title says it all: "Don't Fall in Love."

I knew something was amiss when I read this:
But sometimes the bad outweighs the good, and every once in a while a lady needs to take a break and keep her heart safe from scoundrels looking to shatter it.

However, that doesn't mean you should hole up alone in beat-up pajamas with only your old pals Netflix and Jim Beam for company. Even when you're not in the market for love, it's good to keep one toe in the dating pool. You just need to date effectively. Here are some ways to keep your heart safe while the rest of you has fun.
Hmm.  I think someone just bought the one-way ticket to Splitsville, and is heading to the train station.  Here's some, uh, helpful pointers from our esteemed author.
1. Date only the wildly inappropriate.
As someone who has befriended with the wildly inappropriate...
2. Take up recreational complaining.
Because misery loves company?
3. Pair the b****ing with moaning and bragging.
Sure-fire winner there.
4. Develop an annoying catchphrase and use it constantly.

5. If, God forbid, you really start to fall for a guy, pick out his negative traits.
I know this article is a bit out of the mainstream, but it's so bizarre I just have to laugh. Is this person serious?  Is this supposed to be helpful advice?  Are we this desperate?  This sounds like a great premise for a reality show that I won't watch.  

0 comments: