Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Return of the Blogroll; or Shout-Out Time!

Some of you don't know what a blog roll is, and may think it is a tasty pastry to go with those lady finger sandwiches I wrote about in the last post.  Actually, it's new-fangled code words for "links to other blogs that are lined up on the side of your blog---just move the pointy arrow on your screen over, click on them, and you go there like magic."

So here's a run-down of friends of mine who have blogs.  If you have a blog, and are a friend of mine, lemme know and you can be up there to.  Traffic to your site will increase by leaps and bounds: both of my readers (Hi Mom and Dad!) will visit you on your website.

So, without further adieu:


My friend good friend Lieutenaint J writes about life as an officer in the United States Marine Corps in Iraq.


My friend writes (formerly) about the travails of cooking in Paris, and now about beating the heat in the desert.  (It's a dry heat, they say.  So's the surface of the sun).


I did a quick stint in New Orleans, and the wonderful lady who helped organize our trip, Ali, is now working with her husband in ministry in Brazil.  His name is Mark, in case you were wondering :)


My friend Chris, reaching out in the Eternal City.  Plus he links to music all the time.


My friend Chad, working with Young Life at Central Crossing


Wes writes as only Wes can.

Well that is it for now, folks.  Bye everybody!

5 comments:

Tyler said...

Blogroll on hold!

Evidently my layout is being ornery, and Blogger won't let me use their wizard to add a blogroll. I think everything is running through my hard-coded CSS style sheets, and I'll have to put it in manually. If this means nothing to you: good, it means you are normal. If it doesn't, it means your name is John and you do this for a living. :)

PS John you are awesome and a good friend, even if you know what a PERL script is, which as I recall, you don't like because they aren't robust or something. And if there's anything we can agree on, it's that un-robust coding is simply unacceptable.

Chris said...

Ty, I am honored to finally get a shout out :) In view of the responsibility that comes with that, I am being more faithful at posting. Thanks broseph

Anonymous said...

ohhh tyler is the man! thanks for being a stud. this is wes.

Unknown said...

I've been MIA for a while with the stupid thing they call "the boards." But I am back to life and want to comment on how profoundly abnormal Chris and Tyler are. That's all for now.

Unknown said...

By the way, I love you both and miss you dearly :)