Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

Well, it's a snow day here in Our Fair City--socked with an ice storm overnight, with a half foot more to come today.  All the schools are closed, and even our fine university shut down.  So I don't have to take my thyroid test (as in, do I understand thyroid diseases?, and not, is my thyroid working?).

I put on my hikin' shoes and headed outside for some photos.


My street, snowed in.

Fifth Avenue.

The Twisted Vine on Fifth Avenue.

Nice houses on the street--
they don't make 'em like
that anymore.


Frozen things.



Well, that's all for today.  Hope you liked the pictures.

2 comments:

Chris said...

The pictures are beautiful...now put up a new post :)

Chris said...

At least once a week, I come to Finches and Sparrows, eager to read something new and brilliant from the mind of one of the most brilliant friends I have... and am disappointed to continue to see January 28 at the top. Give the people what they want Tyler, give us more!